Financial Assistance • College Access • Scholarship • College Application Assistance
One Futre Coachella Valley's Pathways to Success offers sizable scholarships to Coachella Valley undergraduate students who have demonstrated financial need and who wish to complete a college degree. If awarded a scholarship, students will be linked to a wide variety of student support systems designed to help them succeed in college and in their professional career.
Scholarships are available in one or two year increments in the following amounts:
- Up to $2,500 for Community College for one year
- Up to $5,000 for Community College for two years
- Up to $5,000 for university for one year
- Up to $10,000 for university for two years Scholarship awards may be used to cover tuition, books, and living expenses while attending college.
- To be considered for a Pathways to Success Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You or your parents must be permanent residents of the Coachella Valley for the past three (3) years.
- You must have attended a California high school for a minimum of three (3) years and graduated or completed a GED in the state of California.
- You must apply for Federal financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the March 2nd priority deadline. If you are ineligible to complete the FAFSA, you must provide acceptable income verification. Contact the office for further assistance on acceptable documentation.
- You must demonstrate financial need (as identified by academic institutions and FAFSA).
- You must be pursuing your first Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree at a non-profit accredited college, university, or academic institution in the U.S.
- You must have a minimum 2.0 GPA or above and maintain full-time enrollment and good academic standing throughout the academic year (as defined by academic institutions). Third and fourth year college students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA or above and maintain full-time enrollment and good academic standing throughout the academic year (as defined by academic institutions).
- You will be given preference if you have had previous involvement in college preparation program(s), demonstrate community leadership, have been involved in a career pathway program(s), and are first in family or first generation to attend college.
- You must submit two letters of recommendation from a Professor, Instructor, Counselor or Community Leader.
- You must submit a copy of your unofficial transcripts.
- You must submit a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA.
- You will be expected to sign a contract with OFCV’s Pathways to Success program involving you in scheduled leadership events, mentoring, workshops, and web based interactions.
- You must complete the OFCV's Pathways to Success / College Access Foundation of California information release form.
- This service is free
How to Apply
For additional information please contact the director at 760-671-2016.
Apply online. Application is generally open November through March the following year. Scholarship announcements are made in April.