Health Care • Hospice • Social Services • Family Services • Counseling • Nursing • Bereavement
Hospice care provides expert pain management, symptom control, personal care, psychosocial support and spiritual support to patients and families when a cure is not possible. Specialized Providers and Services include:
- Physicians & Nurse Practitioners: specially trained in Hospice care providing personalized clinical management of the patient’s care.
- Nurses: providing skilled nursing services.
- Social Workers: providing emotional support and help with planning and financial issues.
- Spiritual Counselors: providing emotional and spiritual support.
- Bereavement Counselors: providing grief and loss counseling and community support groups for family, loved ones and the community.
- Hospice Aides: certified home health aides providing personal care and hygiene needs for the patient.
- Dietary, Physical/Speech Therapy: specially trained in Hospice care providing personalized therapy treatments.
- Volunteers: new friends in the community specially trained to support patients and families with a range of services: caregiver relief, grocery shopping, companionship, and a wide range of other services.
- Referral from your attending physician who makes the recommendation to Hospice.
- Terminal condition with a life expectancy of six months or less, if the illness runs its normal course.
- Agreement to follow the plan of care established and refined by you, your family, the physician, and the Hospice team.
- Agree to palliation (control) of symptoms and not cure of illness.
- Live within the geographic area served by the Hospice.
- Have a place of residence (home, skilled nursing or residential care facility) which is a safe environment for patient, caregiver, and Hospice staff.
- Have a realistic plan for the provision of primary caregivers on a 24-hour basis when needed.
- Medicaid accepted
- Medicare accepted
- Private insurance accepted
- Adults accepted
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
Contact Family Hospice Care directly at 760-674-3344 or 1-877-799-6463 for a consultation. The intake coordinator will discuss accepted insurance plans during the consultation.