Disability Services • Meal Preparation • Money Management • Supportive Housing • In Home Assistance • Crisis Intervention • Homemaker Services • Parent Support
The primary goal of FYI is to support people to live as successfully and independently as possible in their own homes. FYI can assist with:
- Locating affordable housing
- Transportation training
- First aid
- Personal care
- Personal Finance
- Daily appointments
- Meal preparation
FYI also provides 24/7 crisis intervention and support through challenging times when training or support is needed immediately.
- For individuals with developmental disabilities who live in their home.
- FYI primarily serves clients ages 22 and over, but clients 18-21 are also eligible for services.
- FYI's service area includes Coachella Valley and the Morongo Basin, as far west as Temecula and as far east as Blythe.
- FYI clients must be referred by Inland Regional Center.
- A person is eligible for Regional Center Services if they have a “substantial developmental disability,” that originates before the age of 18 and will likely continue indefinitely.Qualifying conditions include:
- intellectual disability
- cerebral palsy
- disabling conditions similar to intellectual disability that require comparable treatment
- Disabling conditions that are solely physical or psychiatric in nature, or solely a learning disability are not eligible for services.
- Adults accepted
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
FYI clients must be referred by Inland Regional Center.To enroll with Inland Regional Center contact the Intake Coordinator for your County: San Bernardino County call (909) 890-3053; for Riverside County call (909) 890-3370.
Inland Regional Center will assign a case manager to the client. The case manager can then refer the client to Desert Arc.