Health Education • Diabetes • Disease Management • Nutrition Education
The Diabetes Program at Eisenhower Medical Center provides educational classes, lectures, and individual instruction for diabetic residents of the Coachella Valley. Services include:
- Individual and Group Instruction: The professional staff of the Diabetes Program offers individual or group instruction and activities designed to promote self-management skills in nutrition, blood glucose monitoring, medication administration and other diabetes-related subjects. Family members are encouraged to support their loved one by attending the sessions.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy: Individual nutrition counseling provided by a registered dietician with a credential in diabetes education can assist in helping people with diabetes develop healthy eating habits. A physician referral is required.
- Community Education: For diabetics, Eisenhower's Diabetes Program offers classes throughout the year. These classes are free to the community. View the Calendar to see a list of classes available by month.
- View information regarding accepted insurance.
- Services provided on a sliding scale
- Medicare accepted
- Private insurance accepted
- Adults accepted
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
A referral from a physician is required. Individuals may call 760-773-1403 to schedule an appointment.