Caregivers • Veterans • Stipend • Counseling • Health Insurance • Caregiver Training • Respite
The VA's Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers program offers financial assistance and other services for caregivers of seriously injured post-9/11 veterans. Services include:
- Monthly stipend
- Reimbursement of travel expenses incurred while accompanying a veteran undergoing care
- Counseling and mental health services
- Access to health insurance, if not already insured
- Comprehensive caregiver training
- Respite care (not less than 30 days per year)
Click here for additional information.
- For family caregivers ages 18 and older caring for a veteran.
- Veterans must have been injured in the line of duty on or after September 11, 2001 and need at least 6 months of personal care services.
- Veterans must be enrolled in VA health services.
- This service is free
- Adults accepted
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
Click here to complete an eligibility screening and download an application. Submit the completed application in person to a caregiver support coordinator at a local VA medical center, or submit via mail to:
Health Eligibility Center, Enrollment Eligibility
2957 Clairmont Rd. NE
Atlanta , GA 30329-1647
If you need assistance with applying, call 877-222-8387 (VETS).
Once the application is received, a caregiver support coordinator will contact you within 3 business days to schedule an eligibility assessment. If the veteran is eligible, the caregiver must undergo training (classroom, online, or self-study) and a home visit before the application is approved.