Exercise • Fitness • Dance • Field Trips • Lectures • Seniors • Zumba • Yoga
Desert Recreation District offers a variety of fitness classes, social events, and other programming for adults ages 50 and over.
Fitness Class offerings include:
- Fit After 50 helps improve strength, mobility, balance, and flexibility.
- Golden Parachutes helps increase strength and range of motion. Exercises can be performed while seated.
- Yoga helps reduce stress and improve flexibility and fitness.
- Zumba helps improve cardiovascular fitness.
In addition to fitness classes, Indio Hills, Mecca, and Jerry Rummonds' centers offer a variety of activities and resources for senior citizens, including art classes, field trips, guest speakers, and communal meals.
See web site or individual class pages for details.
- Fit After 50 and Golden Parachute exercise classes are free.
- Zumba is $30 for residents,$40 for nonresidents.
- Yoga is $65 for residents, $75 for nonresidents.
- Adults accepted
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
Call the Desert Recreation District at 760-347-3484. To view class schedule and locations or to register on-line go to website.
Bermuda Dunes, CA 92203
La Quinta, CA 92253