WIC • Food • Nutrition • Children
WIC is a federally-funded health and nutrition program for women, infants, and children. WIC helps families by providing checks for buying healthy supplemental foods from WIC-authorized vendors, nutrition education, and help finding healthcare and other community services.
The following benefits are provided to WIC participants:
- Supplemental nutritious foods
- Nutrition education and counseling at WIC clinics
- Screening and referrals to other health, welfare and social services
- Pregnant women (through pregnancy and up to 6 weeks after birth or after pregnancy ends).
- Breastfeeding women (up to infant’s 1st birthday)
- Non-breastfeeding postpartum women (up to 6 months after the birth of an infant or after pregnancy ends)
- Infants (up to 1st birthday).
- Children up to their 5th birthday.
- Must meet following Eligibility Requirements:
- Live in the state in which applicant is applying for benefits.
- Meet income guidelines- at or below 185% of federal poverty level based on number of family members for monthly income. See guidelines.
- Determined to be nutritionally at risk by medical provider or staff.
- Additional Eligibility Requirements.
- This service is free
- Accepts women
- Children accepted
- Teens accepted
- Adults accepted
How to Apply
For new enrollments, scheduling an appointment is highly recommended. Call local office to schedule appointment or make one online.
Click here for hours of operation of each location.
At initial appointment, will need to provide:
- Valid photo ID
- Income verification
- Proof of address
- Crib Card/Birth Certificate
- Child's vaccination record
- Physician referral (otherwise assessment can be done in WIC office)
Cathedral City, CA 92234