Adaptive Sports • Counseling • Disability Services • Stroke Rehabilitation • Adaptive Equipment
The focus of therapy and education is to help patients regain physical mobility including improving walking, balance and strength as well as acquiring the skills to perform activities of daily living. Goals also include restoring cognitive function as well as improving speech and swallow problems. The program also helps the patient and their family to cope with adjustment to their diagnosis.
The Rehabilitation Program provides patients access to:
• Comprehensive speech therapy
• Participation in wellness education and cognitive skill building activities
• Nutritional classes
• Healthy lifestyle programs such as nutritional assessments, stress, and weight reduction
• Weekly strength training and cardio exercise groups for patients
• Advanced, on-site equipment technology such as cardiovascular conditioning, passive motion machines, stationary cycles, and strength conditioning extremity machines
• Weekly support groups for patients and care partners
• Daily Lunch Program with a healthy menu, including heart-healthy, low-fat and low-salt foods
- Must have had a stroke
- $30 donation per client per month is requested.
- Lunch is optional with a $4.00 fee.
- This service is free
- Adults accepted
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
Call 760-323-7676 ext. 109 to schedule an appointment for initial evaluation, which can be scheduled within a few days.
Evaluation will be a brief interview and assessment to determine if program is appropriate. Client will need:
- Medical release from physician clearing client for program participation.
- Valid photo ID.