Case Management • Transportation • Seniors • Utility Assistance • Supportive Services • Emergency Assistance
The following services of Jewish Family Services of the Desert include:
- Solutions of Seniors: Since 1999, Solutions For Seniors has assisted older adults in the Coachella Valley with vital advocacy and case management services. The program enables seniors to enjoy a higher quality of life while maintaining the greatest degree of independence possible. -JFS Express: JFS Express provides transportation services for local seniors to medical appointments. JFS Express was created in 2008 to address this very basic, yet very prevalent, barrier to care.
- Friendly Visitor Program: The JFS Friendly Visitor program matches volunteers with seniors who are homebound or have limited mobility to provide companionship and support.
- Let's Do Lunch: The Let’s Do Lunch! program is designed to decrease isolation and increase mental stimulation by providing homebound seniors with twice monthly activities outside their home. Let’s Do Lunch! is offered free of cost at Joslyn Senior Center and two senior housing developments. Lunch and transportation services are provided.
- Counseling: Counseling Program deals with a diversity of issues and helps people face life’s challenges through skills building, coping strategies and other methods.
- Senior Care Management: Peace of mind is knowing a loved one is safe and healthy. The agency's care managers who specialize in geriatric care, provide a home assessment of an elder, develop a personalized care plan and provide monitoring of any deterioration in physical, mental or emotional condition enabling early intervention before it reaches a crisis stage for a sliding scale fee. JFSD care managers work closely with service providers and medical professionals and provide continued consultation with family members.
- For Seniors (60yo+) living in the Coachella Valley, regardless of faith
- This service is free
- Services provided on a sliding scale
- All genders welcome
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
Call 760-325-4088, ext. 0 to speak to an intake coordinator at local office during office hours.
- Photo ID