Meals on Wheels provides a daily meal service Monday-Friday to homebound seniors. The Mizell Senior Center Meals On Wheels Program will deliver over 120,000 meals to frail and homebound seniors every year. Without this program, many area seniors would not be receiving sufficient balanced nutrition. The program consists of more than just meal delivery. Drivers are trained to recognize issues that may be affecting their client and are able to make appropriate community referrals.
- Must meet all eligibility requirements:
- Senior 60+
- Homebound: unable to leave the home without assistance
- No caregiver/family member living in the home
- Must live in Riverside County (Desert Hot Springs and Thousand Palms excluded)
- There are no income limitations.
- This service is free
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
Home visit required to verify eligibility for program. Individuals may call 760-323-5689 ext. 109 or complete the online application to schedule initial home visit. Home visits can generally can be scheduled within a week. If approved, Meals on Wheels service will start within two days. You will need a valid photo ID.
Program is considered short term. Reassessment of eligibility is required every three months.