Notary Services • Medi-Cal/Medicare Appeals • Estate Planning • Benefits Assistance • Domestic Violence • Immigration • Debt Management • Legal Services
Desert Legal Aid provides free and low-cost legal assistance in civil matters for low-income residents.
Services offered by Desert Legal Aid include:
- Debt Relief
- Estate Planning
- Protecting Homes
- Ending Domestic Violence
- Government Benefits
- Ensuring Economic Security
- Securing Access to Health Care:
- Notary Services
- Immigration Services (spousal petition, visa renewal) - for a low flat fee
Desert Legal Aid is not able to provide assistance with:
- Criminal Cases
- Class Action Lawsuits
- Cases in which clients want to sue, or are being sued, for money damages
If Desert Legal Aid is unable to provide legal assistance, they will attempt to provide the client with an appropriate referral.
- Eligibility for pro bono and low-cost legal services will take into account income, along with any government assistance.
- Click here for information about costs and fees.
- Clients must provide proof of income documentation with tax returns, SSI annual statement, SDI annual statements, and SSDI annual statements.
- Services are free for those with maximum income of 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Services provided on a sliding scale
- Adults accepted
How to Apply
Call (760) 832-9770 to schedule an appointment. Clients receive a free 30-minute initial consultation.
Cathedral City , CA 92234
Palm Springs, CA 92264
Palm Springs, CA 92263-5563