advocacy • benefits assistance • Seniors
Senior Advocates of the Desert provides one-on-one services, which provide information, assistance, and advocacy to navigate the government benefits application process.
Program participants receive assistance in applying for the following programs:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- In Home Supportive Services (IHSS)
- Veterans Benefits
- Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
- Social Security Retirement Benefits
Additionally, Senior Advocates gives information and assistance regarding transportation programs, discount utility programs, subsidized senior housing, landlord tenant issues, garnishment, and collections disputes, among others.
- For 60+
- For residents of Coachella Valley
- Clients must demonstrate financial aid to qualify for emergency financial assistance
- This service is free
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
Call to schedule appointment. Meetings can be at location of client's preference- in the home, coffee shop, local senior center, etc. Appointments can generally be scheduled within a few days. Callers may need to leave a message if staff are out in the field.
Generally, client will need valid ID, proof of address and social security card to access most government benefits. Senior Advocates of the Desert can provide assistance in getting any necessary items.