Emergency Shelter • Youth Shelter • Family Reunification • Youth • Crisis Intervention • Counseling
SafeHouse of the Desert is a 24-hour emergency shelter whose mission is to serve runaway, homeless, and at-risk youth ages 11 – 17 in the Coachella Valley. Services include three-weeks of emergency shelter, food, counseling, attempts at family reunification, on-site education program, aftercare and a 24- hour toll-free crisis line. All of Operation SafeHouse’s programs are designed to improve the health, wellness, and well-being of clients.
- Provide immediate counseling and intervention services for variable and multiple needs (inner conflict resolution, child abuse / neglect, substance abuse, etc.)
- Reunite the youth with their family (family preservation and reunification)
- Foster self-reliance and responsibility.
- Create an intervention point for runaway and homeless youth before they become juvenile offenders.
- For adolescents age 11-17 yo
- This service is free
- Teens accepted
How to Apply
Call 760-343-3211, 24/7 to see if there is a bed available. Program generally has up to 20 beds. Program usually has wait list.
Three week maximum stay in program. Some individuals may opt to transition into drug and alcohol treatment program, which is an additional four weeks.