Emergency Shelter • Youth Shelter • Family Reunification • Youth • Crisis Intervention • Counseling
SafeHouse of the Desert is a 24-hour emergency shelter whose mission is to serve runaway, homeless, and at-risk youth ages 11 – 17 in the Coachella Valley. Services include three-weeks of emergency shelter, food, counseling, attempts at family reunification, on-site education program, aftercare and a 24- hour toll-free crisis line. All of Operation SafeHouse’s programs are designed to improve the health, wellness, and well-being of clients.
- Provide immediate counseling and intervention services for variable and multiple needs (inner conflict resolution, child abuse / neglect, substance abuse, etc.)
- Reunite the youth with their family (family preservation and reunification)
- Foster self-reliance and responsibility.
- Create an intervention point for runaway and homeless youth before they become juvenile offenders.
- For adolescents age 12-17 yo
- Sliding scale fee may apply
- This service is free
- Services provided on a sliding scale
- Teens accepted
How to Apply
Call 760-343-3211, 24/7 to see if there is a bed available. Program generally has 8-10 beds. Program usually has wait list.
Three week maximum stay in program. Some individuals may opt to transition into drug and alcohol treatment program, which is an additional four weeks.