Educational Programs • Group Counseling • Individual Counseling • Drug Diversion • Substance Use • Alternative Sentencing
In the Drug Diversion Program, Individuals are granted a Deferred Entry of Judgement (PC1000) where they must complete a 16 week program to satisfy the court, consisting of:
- 30 Minutes - Enrollment Interview
- 20 Hours - Education
- 30 Minutes - Mid-Program Individual Session
- 10 Hours - Group Counseling
- 30 Minutes - Exit Interview
The PC 1000 program is approved by Riverside County and will satisfy many courts across the state of California. If individuals were convicted in Riverside County, they may enroll in the program with their court referral. If convicted outside of Riverside County, but need to attend PC1000 classes in Riverside County then individuals may need to ask their court of conviction to approve the program. California residents may not take an online PC 1000 program.
- All participants must be referred by a court. The Penal Code 1000 program typically replaces jail time with drug education classes--"Drug Diversion."
- Enrollment Fee: $70
- Weekly Payment: $27
- Adults accepted
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
Individuals must obtain a referral from one of the following:
- A Court (Outside of Riverside County)
- The Riverside County Drinking Driver Program (For any court case within Riverside County)
- The Department of Motor Vehicles (Recent H6 Printout)
- A transfer form from another licensed DUI program
Individuals will then contact the office to schedule an appointment to begin the enrollment process. It is vital that individuals contact the office as soon as possible. Courts and other agencies require that you enroll by a specific date and failing to adhere to this could result in your case being returned to court. Please specify which office you would like to attend classes (Palm Springs or Indio).
For your enrollment appointment, please bring:
- All of your court documents
- Your driver's license or ID card. (If you would like us to submit proof of enrollment to DMV we will need your license number and date of arrest/violation).
- Payment for services is due at the time of enrollment. Cash, credit/debit, money orders, and checks are acceptable forms of payment.
The enrollment process:
- Is by appointment only.
- Must be done in person.
- Will take approximately one hour.
- Can NOT be done by email/phone or in the company of a guest (to ensure the privacy of program participants).