Health Education • Diabetes • Support Groups • Supportive Services
Group education classes for individuals with diabetes and their significant others are offered frequently throughout the year. The series is run by certified diabetes education specialists and health care professionals with expertise in diabetes.
Topics Covered in Classes Include:
- Diabetes overview
- Stress and psychological adjustment
- Family involvement and social support
- Relationship between nutrition, exercise, medication, and blood glucose levels
- Monitoring and use of results
- Acute and chronic complications
- Foot, skin and dental care
- Goal setting
- Improving glucose control
- Use of health care systems and community resources
- Open to the public
- This service is free
- Teens accepted
- Adults accepted
How to Apply
Free Community Pre-Diabetes and Diabetes Class is available:
- Every Monday from 3:00-4:00pm at the Probst Building in Rancho Mirage. Call 760-773-1403 with questions.
Every Wednesday from 9:00-10:00am at the Eisenhower George and Julia Argyros Health Center in La Quinta. Call 760-423-4855 with questions or to RSVP. Meets October through May.
"Finding Balance and Taking Control of Your Diabetes" every Thursday in the Annenberg Center in Rancho Mirage from 6:00pm-7:00pm. Call 760-834-7920 for more information and to RSVP.
"Tools, Tricks on Techonolgies for Types 1s (Type 1&2 patients on insulin)" meets third Tuesday of the month from 3:00pm-4:00pm in the Probst Building in Rancho Mirage. Call 760-837-8717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to RSVP.
The Spanish Diabetes and Pre-diabetes group meets second Friday of each month 3:00pm-4:00pm in the Probst Building in Rancho Mirage. Call 760-837-8718 for information and to RSVP.
La Quinta, CA 92253
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270