Health Education • Diabetes • Support Groups • Supportive Services
Group education classes for individuals with diabetes and their significant others are offered frequently throughout the year. The series is run by certified diabetes education specialists and health care professionals with expertise in diabetes.
Topics Covered in Classes Include:
- Diabetes overview
- Stress and psychological adjustment
- Family involvement and social support
- Relationship between nutrition, exercise, medication, and blood glucose levels
- Monitoring and use of results
- Acute and chronic complications
- Foot, skin and dental care
- Goal setting
- Improving glucose control
- Use of health care systems and community resources
- This service is free
- Teens accepted
- Adults accepted
How to Apply
Free Community Pre-Diabetes and Diabetes Class is available:
- Every Monday from 3:00-4:00pm at the Probst Building. Call 760-773-1403 with questions.
- Second Friday of the month from 9:00-10:00am at the Eisenhower George and Julia Argyros Health Center. Call 760-610-7205 with questions. Meets October through May.
Teen Diabetes Support Group meets the second Wednesday of the month from 6:00-7:30pm at the Probst Building. Call 760-861-8769 with questions.
The Spanish Diabetes and Pre-diabetes group meets every Thursday 3:00pm-4:00pm. Call 760-837-8718 for information.
La Quinta, CA 92253