Dental • Dentist • Primary Care • Pediatrics • Immunizations • Sti Testing • Teen Health Services
Desert Hot Springs Health & Wellness Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) offering primary health and dental care for youth and adults. Primary care services include:
- Well child exams
- Confidential teen health visits
- Family planning
- Confidential HIV testing
- Cancer screenings
- Comprehensive perinatal services
- Health education
- Nutrition counseling
- Application assistance for Medi-Cal, Healthy Families, Family PACT, Every Woman Counts (EWC), and CHDP
Dental services include:
- Referrals and follow-up care
- Translators Available
- For residents of Desert Hot Springs
- Medical and dental services available to youth ages 3 to 19.
- Dental services for adults on a sliding fee scale
- BCHF clinics accept the following insurance plans: Aetna, Anthem, Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, Care First, Community Health Group, Health Network, IEHP, Pacificare PPO, Tricare,Tri West, United Healthcare For more information on insurance and payment,call 760-251-0044
- Services provided on a sliding scale
- Medicaid accepted
- Private insurance accepted
How to Apply
Please call (760) 251-0044 to schedule an appointment. Bilingual appointment line staff speak Spanish, Arabic, and Farsi. Translators are available as needed. When scheduling an appointment, you must provide your name, address, date of birth, phone number, and Social Security number. You must also complete a primary care provider change by calling your insurance provider. Bring the following to your appointment:
- Photo ID
- Insurance card or Medi-Cal Card (if applicable).
- Proof of address (if applying for sliding scale)
- Proof of income (if applying for sliding scale)
Please complete the patient registration packet prior to your appointment and bring it with you, or arrive 30 minutes early to complete the forms before your appointment. Forms are available in English, Spanish, and Arabic.
There is generally a wait of approximately 2 months for dental care.