Health Education • Health Screenings • Outreach • Native American • Medical Advocacy
The Community Outreach Department utilizes Public Health Nurses (PHN’s), Community Health Representatives (CHR’s), and Patient Escorts who serve as liaisons between the Native American community and the RSBCIHI health care system. Community outreach goes to the home to provide a continuum of service. Services offered include:
- Provide patient escorts to assist patients in accessing non-emergency health services
- Provide Childbirth education
- Provide Home visits to identified prenatal and post partum patients
- Identify high-risk pregnant teens and refer to appropriate care and resources (AIIHI Grant)
- Provide child/adult Immunizations
- Provide health screening activities to detect and identify high risk health problems
- Screenings such as: Mammograms, blood pressure, glucose, lice, hearing, vision
- Refer elders requiring services to appropriate sources of care
- Monitor the health status of clients with chronic health problems or permanent disabilities
- Teach self-care skills to promote understanding of disease, treatment, complications and follow-up needed
The Outreach Staff will serve as an advocate for the Native American community and assist in coordinating with all other departments and with public and private agencies.
- Offered to patients in the RSBCIHI health system.
- Services must be for eligible Indian patients residing in the two counties of Riverside and San Bernardino.
- This service is free
- All ages welcome
How to Apply
Individuals may call Morongo Health Clinic Outreach Department at 800-732-8805 ext. 1420 to receive services, or for additional questions.