Digitial Services • Education • Recreation • Counseling • Community Outreach • Visually Impaired • Assistive Technology • Mobility Training
Serving the needs of the visually impaired in Riverside, San Bernardino and Imperial counties, Braille Institute's Rancho Mirage Center offers educational, social and recreational programs to the visually impaired including:
- Connection Pointe (our brand-new, state-of-the-art technology center)
- Adult Programs
- Low Vision Rehabilitation Consultations
- Youth Programming
- Library Services
- Outreach Services
Braille Institute Rancho Mirage also offers individualized instruction on a number of topics concerning those with low vision, including:
- Getting around town safely
- Magnification and lighting tips
- Computer magnification software and other technology for people who are visually impaired
- Money and home management
- Clothing organization and identification
- Kitchen confidence
- Personal care and grooming
- For visually impaired children, youth and adults.
- For residents of Riverside, San Bernardino and Imperial counties.
- This service is free
- All ages welcome
How to Apply
Individuals may call 760-321-1111 during office hours to schedule an appointment and/or register for classes.